Thursday, December 3, 2015

Sometimes

Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and my feet are itchy.  I get up and go for a walk; outside the night is full of dark and stars and silence. Sometimes I do exercises in the kitchen while waiting for the coffee to brew. Sometimes I wonder what my friends are doing at that hour.  Sometimes I go to work in a bad mood.  Sometimes I think that the birds are smarter than us. Sometimes I look out the window and don't see anything that is out there.  Sometimes I remember things that never happened.  Sometimes I sing songs I haven't heard in years.  I remember the melodies better than the words.  Sometimes I feel sad about the things that never happened.  Sometimes I make conversation with the people in line with me at the grocery store. Never at the liquor store. Sometimes I get home late and can't find my key in the dark. Sometimes I wonder what makes people so horrible. Sometimes I just have a sandwich for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment