Monday, December 24, 2012

Rocky

I was walking through the Furniture tent when I first saw Rocky. I didn't know her name yet; as a matter of fact, I didn't know her name until a few days ago. Of course I noticed her because her demure, downcast look was all at odds with her revealing attire. In ancient Rhodes, they might have called her outfit "slutty" (the Greek equivalent), but in modern times, "revealing" will do.

I looked for her every time I went into the tent thereafter; I admitted to Dawn that I longed to take her home with me. She encouraged me. Dawn just wants me to be happy. So finally I made the necessary arrangements, and Rocky came home with me. She hasn't left the house since.

Did I mention that Rocky is less than two feet tall? And a bit pale and monochrome. She's made of plaster and I love her.

My Christmas tree is also less than two feet tall, even with the Tweety topper, and I decided that both would look more to scale if I let them be together. Then, when I saw them together, Rocky got her name: Rocky around the Christmas tree.

Rocky

No comments:

Post a Comment