Friday, December 14, 2012

Sideways


We had the office holiday party this week, and, though it was a pretty grim affair has the potential to get even worse in years to come. One of the few beams of light in the thing was the fact that, in the gift exchange, I ended up with a bottle of wine. We are gradually transitioning from a workplace where the normative gift is sweet to one where it is psychoactive; this year there were four bottles of wine offered which is a record.

We are a church, though, so you have to be careful about grabbing for the booze too fast. On the other hand, you don't want to be all judgmental and sneer at the stuff. Your attitude has to be: I'm not much of a drinker, myself, but I don't actually disapprove of it either.

How many of us that is actually true of, I wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment